SUGAR HILL, SUWANEE, BUFORD BACK PAIN CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT
A few interesting facts about back pain:
- Lower back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, it is the second-most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper respiratory infections.
- One half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.2
- Experts estimate that as much as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some point in their lives.3
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture, or cancer.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain—and that just includes the more easily identified costs.4
What Causes Back Pain?
The back is a complicated structure of bones, joints, ligaments, and muscles. You can sprain ligaments, strain muscles, rupture disks, and irritate joints, all of which can lead to back pain. While sports injuries or accidents can cause back pain, sometimes the simplest of movements—for example, picking up a pencil from the floor— can have painful results. In addition, arthritis, poor posture, obesity, and psychological stress can cause or complicate back pain. It can also directly result from disease of the internal organs, such as kidney stones, kidney infections, blood clots, or bone loss.
We at Sugar Hill Spine and Wellness treat back pain very seriously and understand the impact it may have on your work, relationships, medications, sleeping patterns, and all other aspects of life. Our goal is to find the cause of this pain and help your body heal it quickly.
Understanding lifestyle habits are also important to help correct the issue of lower back pain.
Call 678-482-4400 to schedule your appointment today!