And on the 4th day, God created the sun to separate day from night. Do you Think He Gave us a Sun to Be Feared and that we should run and take cover from? I think not. We receive nourishment from the sun. Your body is usually able to get all the vitamin D it needs if you regularly expose enough bare skin to the sun. However, many people don’t get enough sunlight.
People who are likely deficient in Vitamin D :
Those with Dark Skin require more UVB exposure than light skinned people to kick start the body’s Vit D production. Those who are overweight. Body fat sops up Vit D, by decreasing the body’s bioavailability of the Vit. Older People are less efficient Vit D producers. Poor Air Quality diminishes Vit D production. Live further from the Equator and you will receive less UVB light. Spend time indoors and you will not receive any Vit D.
Why is Vitamin D important?
Vitamin D deficiency is an unrecognized epidemic among both children and adults in the United States, causing:
- Rickets (Multiple cases of shaken baby syndrome proven to be Rickets from Vit D deficiency)
- Increased risk of Cardiovascular Disease, M.S., Rheumatoid Arthritis & Type 1 Diabetes
Sunblock just may block the absorption of Vitamin D. And…WARNING: Traditional American sun blocks are chock full of toxic, carcinogenic chemicals.
How do I get the proper amount of Vit D and keep away from Toxic Sun Blocks?
- Determine your skin type & how much time you can safely spend in the sun without any block on your skin.
- Take a good Vit D supplement when you are not spending time in the sun. Try our Liquid Vit D for proper absorption and increased bio availability.
- Use natural sunblocks, such as Arbonne. Which is Dr Deb’s favorite and available in our store.